Hello internet! Now that I’m back from holiday where I barely touched a phone, never mind a computer, I’m overwhelmed by all the articles on the net of what great technological potential 2011 delivered. There’s always such a lot happening that it’s impossible to keep up with the latest concepts and ideas.
A few of the ones that got my brain humming:
- CO2 can be removed more effectively from smokestacks with this new material.
- Silicon solar cell efficiency may be increased by exploiting the “shadow state” of photons
- A new process (known as the cyclic electrowinning/precipitation (CEP) system) has been developed for removing trace amounts of heavy metals from water.
- The first 100watt equivalent LED replacement bulb might come on the market soon. But at $20 a bulb its a little pricey!
- If solar paint development became liable it would solve some energy needs.
- New concept on deploying offshore wind turbines .
- A self-balancing, fully enclosed electric motor cycle in development.
- This little gadget could end my constant bugging of people to unplug their chargers when they’re not in use.
- The North American International Auto show starts next week which will show case at least one new hybrid concept car, the Volvo plug-in .
- Jeep goes electric.
- I’d love a jelly fish tank!
- And lastly, these are just amazing – synthetic fuel development, metamaterials that create temporal (almost like invisibility) cloaks!