This weeks interesting finds:
- Is South Africa’s economy really going to be turning around its high unemployment figures with green job creation?
- A new specie of worm, found in a Free State mine in South Africa could help us understand life on other planets.
- Newish solar tech that concentrates the energy from the sun to decrease the costs of the overall solar power system.
- Renewable energy sources, in its entire life cycle produce only 5% of the emissions of fossil fuel sources? I think more studies are needed to confirm this kind of information. Its seems a little to good to be true. And if it is true, what exactly is stopping more of this being constructed? Surely long-term benefits outweigh short-term expense here!
- I like glass and the concept of repurposing products. I think this is genius.
- Hawaii has put a ban on (most) plastic bags. Good for them! If only banning harmful plastic products that end up choking natural environments were the answer to some of our pollution problems.